ShipHero is seeking a Senior Back End Python Engineer with a focus on business logic.
We are seeking someone who
- Is eager and willing to collaborate with the team
- Has a great deal of experience with Python, SQLAlchemy, FLASK and ideally GraphQL.
- Considerable AWS experience.
- Can code review other team members’ work, provide assistance, and appreciate feedback.
- Takes pride in his/her craft.
- Has learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
- Can craft elegant solutions when solving complex features and solutions.
- Has worked on eCommerce solutions.
- Wants to build something that is disrupting an entire industry.
- (While hands on experience is not a requirement), interested in learning how to apply machine learning and AI technologies and tools.
- Can handle a fast paced environment.
- Has made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, has learned from them.
- Works on a cross-functional team including front end and UX to build solutions that are easy for customers to understand. Works consistently and scales well.
- Reviews features and requirements. Participates in the approach, design and solution implementation.
- Works to understands business requirements. Combines customer requirements with best technology approach.
- Can estimate effort and complete tasks according to agreed timelines.
- Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges arise
- Leads regular code reviews with the goal of code quality, good design and approach. Pushes engineers to improve and evolve.
- Optimizes existing tech stack and solutions, and determines the path to next step in the evolution.
- Implements solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Has the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things – not a “rockstar”
- Works with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
If this sounds like something that you are interested in, we would love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume using the subject “Senior BE Business” and let us know why you’re interested.
We have built a software platform trusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small, to run their operations. Because ShipHero solves complex problems, ecommerce owners are free to focus their attention on business growth. Our customers love our user friendly, visually appealing technology, which they use to fulfill orders placed on sites such as Amazon and Shopify.
In our work with and on ShipHero, we’ve learned that when passionate and talented people collaborate, great things happen.