There are a number of solutions that come in many forms. Some are focused on inventory management, others shipping – from platforms like Stitchlabs, Shipstation and even the more traditional platforms such as Zoho Inventory and Netsuite. ShipHero is a complete WMS/OMS cloud based solution that runs on desktop and mobile. We’ve built a solution that’s easy to use while also providing all of the features you need to run your fulfillment process.
ShipHero Frequently Asked Questions
Our aim is to provide a complete WMS (Warehouse Management System), that’s easy to use. We are the only platform that focuses on removing paper from the order fulfillment process by providing your team with picking, packing and inventory management tools directly on mobile devices. Everything from barcodes, automation and extensive tracking of every inventory adjustment. ShipHero is the only solution to focus on all aspects of warehouse management on mobile devices.
- ShipHero provides a complete barcoding system built in, allowing you to create, assign, print and scan barcodes for all inventory movements.
- The date, time, person and reason of each inventory movement is logged and is available to view.
- Each inventory item can be assigned a Primary and unlimited overstock locations. Inventory items can share locations.
- Inventory can be combined into Kits (also known as bundles). ShipHero will automatically calculate the available of a Kit based on its component quantities.
- Cycle Counting means constant checking of inventory counts. Products that are sold or adjusted more will be prioritized in the cycle count. You can control how often you want your inventory cycle counted.
- Vendors, otherwise known as suppliers or manufacturers can be managed and assigned to inventory for Purchase Orders.
- Inventory availability is synchronized and reflected across your connected stores.
- Manage customs prices for each product.
- Images of products are available for each product to allow for improved visual identification.
Yes. You can create as many warehouses as you want. ShipHero lets you:
- Assign stores to specific warehouses or, let ShipHero decide which warehouse to use based on order shipping location.
- Use different locations for shipping and returns management.
- Create and receive inventory transfers between warehouses.
Everything you need to create, update, assign and print barcodes is included in ShipHero. While you don’t have to use barcodes, we highly recommend barcodes for everything! ShipHero allows you to:
- Automatically creates barcodes for any products that don’t have barcodes. You can update individual products or many at one time using a CSV.
- Use your own, or your manufacturer barcodes. We support most types of barcodes.
- Create, manage, print and scan barcodes for product locations.
- Create, manage, print and scan barcodes for totes, recommended for batch picking.
- Create, manage, print and scan barcodes for boxes and shipping containers.
- Barcode scanning on desktop with any standard USB scanner.
- Barcode scanning on mobile devices using the Socket Mobile bluetooth scanner. Check our recommended hardware list for more info.
- Receive inventory using a barcode scanner.
ShipHero provides a lot of features to allow you to efficiently speed up how you process orders, while at the same time reducing errors that can happen when shipping orders. Some key features:
- View a dashboard of orders that need to be shipped in total, need to ship that day, orders on hold and mergeable orders.
- Merge identified orders that are shipping to the same shipping address.
- Apply a shipping method, include an additional product, set priority, add a note and more to any order based on a number of conditions such as number of orders placed by that customer, shipping address details, subtotal of order, a matching product in the order, place order on hold etc with with Automation Rules.
- Automatically put orders on hold based on detected fraud risk or invalid shipping addresses.
- Adjust the priority of orders based on chosen shipping method.
- Separate your picking and packing process. Your pickers can batch pick many orders at once, while your packers can quickly pack the orders.
- No paper. Avoid lost orders, and control the priority of which orders are being shipped. Know the status of every order in realtime.
- Know every action that has happened with every order, when it came in, who picked it, who packed it and if any changes were made to that order.
- Customer service can communicate and add notes to the warehouse team, and vice versa.
ShipHero provides complete purchase order management, which is a critical function of ordering inventory. Some of the key features include:
- Customizable Purchase Order workflow allows you to create, receive and close POs based on your requirements.
- Manage vendors (also known as suppliers and manufacturers) across products.
- Send the purchase order invoice as a PDF or CSV to the vendor directly within ShipHero.
- Automatically add all backordered products and low stock products with a click of a button for any vendor.
- Assign manufacturer barcodes, manufacturer SKUs and manufacturer prices for each product.
- Receive purchase orders using barcode scanners on mobile or desktop. Track how many items were received, and how many go into inventory.
- Track shipping, taxes and discounts per purchase order.
- Set inventory sell aheads for any product on a purchase order.
ShipHero is directly integrated with the majority of major shipping carriers (here’s the list), providing everything needed to streamline how you ship orders directly in ShipHero. Some of these key shipping features include:
- Packers print shipping labels with a single button tap.
- Let ShipHero choose the cheapest shipping method based on the rules you can configure.
- Get great shipping rates with all the major carriers. If you have your own negotiated rates, great! You can connect and use your accounts.
- Customs documents are automatically generated and electronically transmitted for international shipments.
- View live shipping quotes for each order and choose any available method at time of shipping.
- Generate your shipping manifests directly in ShipHero.
- View your shipments costs in the Shipments Reports.
- Voided shipments are automatically refunded in ShipHero based on the shipping carrier rules.
- Bulk print shipping labels for mass order shipping.
- Ship from desktop or mobile.
Typical setup times vary based on a number of factors, such as any current systems you’re migrating from, current state of your operations and what specific features of ShipHero you will use. Our team will work with you to identify what needs to be done, and assist you as you setup.
Typical setup time is about 1 week. This can be more or less time depending on what you need to do with your team to get up and running.
We’re not fans of making things complicated, and that includes pricing. Here’s a simple list of the associated costs when using ShipHero.
- ShipHero charges per user account, with plans starting at $499 per month. View the plans to view options.
- The cost of any hardware such as printers, scanners and mobile devices.
- Additional users over the allotted users in your plan. Each additional user is $99 per month. For example, if you’re subscribed to the Startup Plan, which includes 2 users and you add a third user, the price will be $598 ($99 per month per additional user).
- You can connect as many shipping carriers as you want at no additional cost.
- You can manage as many SKUs as you want at no additional cost.
- You can process as many orders as you want at no additional cost.
- You can connect up-to 10 stores at no additional cost, with each additional store over 10 being $29 per month.
- There is no setup fee for the Startup Plan or Small Business Plan.
- There is a setup fee for the Enterprise & 3PL Plans, as we dedicate additional resources for these types of accounts.
Getting started with ShipHero is easy. Once you’ve signed up, you are assigned your own account advocate who will reach out to you to schedule your on-boarding session where you will work one on one with a solutions team member. You can also get started with the getting started guide to understand the basic steps.
Yes. The ShipHero solutions team can work with you to determine and plan a more extensive implementation approach, with the option of online training and on-site facility setup and training. To understand more of those options and to see what could work for you, please call us at 1-855-605-5222 or email us at email@example.com
We do not offer a free trial. We did a few years ago and quickly learned that it did not help us focus on the people who are really serious about evaluating a solution. When you signup, you gain access to the full on-boarding process and resources of a dedicated support team and account advocate. The team works with you directly to get you setup and running. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee that if you decide in the first 30 days that ShipHero is not for you, you get your money back.
Our goal during your first 30 days is to make sure you are setup, trained and using ShipHero.
ShipHero allows you to connect to as many supported e-commerce platforms as you want, and will synchronize your products across your connected stores.
- Any orders that come from a connected store will be visible in ShipHero, ready for your team to fulfill.
- ShipHero does not create product listings, it’s focus as an inventory management platform is to make sure your connected stores have the correct availability indicated for any of the products you have in your inventory.
- ShipHero uses product SKU to track across connected stores.
- When orders are shipped in ShipHero, the order confirmation along with tracking information is sent to the connected store. When enabled, this will send an email to the customer with the confirmation email.
- Connected stores can be connected to specific warehouses created within ShipHero, or ShipHero can decide which warehouse to send an order based on the location of the shipping address, availability of the product and the warehouse location.
- Refunds can be processed directly in ShipHero and are reflected on the connected store.