ShipHero Fuel Surcharges
At ShipHero we pride ourselves on transparent, consistent and all-inclusive pricing. We have set our all-inclusive prices with a reasonable fuel charge included.
Due to the current volatility of the fuel market, we will need to pass along fuel surcharges that are being levied by our carrier partners. This increase and process is in line with current industry standards.
How Fuel Surcharges are Determined
- On Mondays at 5am EST we will check the National U.S. Average On-Highway Diesel Fuel Price (USD/Gallon)
- We will update your rates with the corresponding % at that time – you can review the chart below
- All orders that are shipped from that Monday – Sunday will include that week’s increased or decreased fuel surcharge
Kerosene-Type Fuel Surcharge (Air Transportation):
- For 2 day, overnight and international the jet fuel surcharge is based on the U.S. Gulf Coast (USGC) price for kerosene-type jet fuel as reported by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
- The surcharge will be based on the rate for the week prior, rounded to the nearest cent.
- Under USD $2.16 there is no surcharge. At $2.16 and above, see the chart below.
As always, ShipHero will strive to provide you with the most competitive pricing.
Diesel Fuel Surcharge Rates
*Under USD $3.62 there is no surcharge. For all rates above that, please see chart below.
Kerosene-Type Fuel Surcharge Rates
*Under USD $2.16 there is no surcharge. For all rates above that, please see chart below.
Fuel Surcharge percentages are subject to change without notice. The Fuel Surcharge table will be updated if the surcharge falls below or above the published range, or there are changes to the thresholds. The actual Fuel Surcharge percentages posted above will apply for the periods specified, regardless of EIA reported average fuel prices or the table above
For the reported diesel fuel pricing information, please see the EIA’s National U.S. Average On Highway Diesel Fuel Price. If the diesel fuel pricing information reported by the EIA is delayed, ShipHero may use reported diesel fuel pricing information from an earlier week.